"Kenapa sih, ada banyak orang yang pinter banget?" ujarku, merengut. Aku merasa bodoh sekali.

"Yang penting itu sifat. 2% dari seluruh umat manusia punya IQ di atas 140 loh kak, jadi setiap 50 orang ada 1 (atau 2, aku agak lupa). Jadi yang hebat kepintarannya itu banyak, tapi yang ngebedain itu karakter."
- Ibu

I promise you, Mom, I'll try as hard as I can to make you proud.

Thank you for all your support, your wise words... your expressions of love to me. I don't know what I would do without you here, beside me.

I know you're tired of hearing me complaining every time, about how hard life is, how I'm tired of keep failing, how I feel under pressure and I just can't bear it anymore....

Well, my heaviest pressure is, actually, I can't see you being disappointed with me; in this case, my progress at school.

I pray and pray everyday, to be better at school so that I won't see sadness in your face; yours, and Dad's. I never want to disappoint both of you... well, I disappoint you in lots of things, so this is the only thing left which I could hope for.

You gave and give me many things; and the most important thing is, you give me happiness every day. I wish I could give you both happiness, too. And I guess having a good result on my report card will make you happy, even though it's nothing compared to what you've given me.

The problem is..  maybe not this time.

But I promise you, once again, I promise you I'm going to study hard to be better next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Scenes in Meet the Robinsons!

20 Tips Bermain Ameba Pigg

Pigg, Apaan Tuh?